Difficult to get one due to the pandemic
The Nintendo Switch, that can lighten the mood during this extremely challenging time, is in short supply. The moment retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart get it in stock, it quickly sells out. It can be frustrating missing out on the opportunity to purchase a Switch.
However, do not worry! This article will help you do that only without paying more than it would ideally cost at retail.
We’re monitoring a lookout across the web to figure out where, when, and how you can purchase a Nintendo Switch, the one you can dock to your TV or remove for portable use or a Switch Lite, the portable-only version of the console as well as any bundles that appears like good deals.
Remember that stock, even Switch consoles that are preowned or refurbished will probably continue to be sold out quickly during the pandemic.
Where do I purchase a NINTENDO SWITCH OR SWITCH LITE from?
- Right now, you can purchase the Nintendo Switch Fortnite Wildcat bundle for $300 at GameStop. This bundle comprises of special art on both the Switch and the console’s dock, a pair of yellow and blue Joy-Cons, Fortnite pre-installed, 2,000 V-Bucks and a download code for The Wildcat Bundle.
- At Amazon, you can avail an updated Nintendo Switch model with neon and blue Joy-Cons and a 64GB SanDisk MicroSD card for $320. You can also buy a similar bundle with a 128GB MicroSD card for $327 at Amazon.
- Amazon and GameStop have the Nintendo Switch with grey Joy-Cons for $300.
- You can purchase the updated Nintendo Switch model with red and blue Joy-Cons for $300 at Amazon.
- Presently, Amazon, GameStop, and Target feature Nintendo Switch Lite stock available in different colours.
- GameStop and Best Buy receive fresh supplies of the Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite consoles fairly regularly, and it’s a nice ploy to keep these pages open so you can quickly add one to your cart when they come back in stock.
If you’re not aghast to purchasing a preowned or refurbished console, you’ll need to check out GameStop. You can also look at Nintendo’s own online store where it sells refurbished Switch consoles.
Additional accessories needed to be purchased
The Switch accompanies everything needed to start and have fun. But, a few additional shopping lets you get a little more out of your console, and in some cases, help it weather the wear and tear that it can endure.
A MicroSD card will help you extend your Switch’s default 32GB of storage. Amazon, Best Buy, and other retailers regularly sell cards with up to 512GB of storage for around $79. A 400GB microSD card costs approximately $40, and with each game ranging in download size from 1GB to tens of gigabytes, the card has enough space to store several of them.
Next, avail a tempered glass screen cover. The display on the Switch and Switch Lite is covered in plastic, and it must get scratched as soon as you take it out of the box. Get an affordable, easy-to-apply glass cover at Amazon.