Now a day, we are so dependent on electricity that it is hard to spend a single moment without it. Tesla has introduced this unique rechargeable home battery system to fulfill the household needs smartly, with or without solar. Tesla Powerwall works with or without solar energy so this is useful in every season and in any climatic region. Powerwall is a compact built-in battery inverter and easy to integrate into your home.
About Tesla Powerwall:
At least one Powerwall are there in each Powerwall system and a Tesla Gateway to provide the energy metering, monitoring, and management to keep the system functioning properly. This intelligent power system can learn your electricity usage from the data over time and adopt the ability to provide adequate power through the Backup Gateway. Also, the backup energy reserves can be monitored from any mobile device via the Tesla app.
Advantages of Tesla Powerwall:
- Tesla Powerwall can be charged with solar power as well as without solar power. So it can provide energy in any condition. This power system can provide up to 13.5 kWh of energy per day from which you can also backup some unused energy for future use.
- Tesla Powerwall can provide the advantage like self-Powering your Home. This is operational with solar energy, so you will get power in case of a power cut for a longer period.
- This advanced rechargeable home battery system operates with the technology to increase the amount of solar energy and transform it to roughly double to power your home and fulfill all the needs.
- Powerwall provides seamless backup power to utilize at the night and during a power outage.
- Also, you can monitor your energy usage via Tesla Powerwall from your mobile device. For that, you need to download the Tesla app and install it to monitor your household power usage.
- Powerwall can learn your regular electricity usage and adopt to charge the batteries when the other usage is low and it is effective to reduce the electricity bill.
- You can integrate the Powerwall system with your existing solar system with a Manual Transfer Switch (MTS) or an external Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS). The model is compatible with various solar inverters from SolarEdge, Enphase micro inverter, Fronius, SMA, ABB, and Delta and it may also compatible with other solar power systems.
- You can charge your Tesla vehicle or your EV by this home electrical power system. Powerwall provides enough energy to fulfill all your household needs.
- You can track your usage history from the Tesla mobile app. For that, you need to visit the Power Flow screen and you can get the relevant data of the selected power source.
- A 10-year unlimited cycle warranty is given by Tesla for this product. Along with that, the manufacturer has guaranteed the same energy retention level when used in Self-Powered or Backup mode.
Controls of Tesla Powerwall:
All Tesla products, such as; Model S, Model X, Model 3, and Powerwall can be operated via the Tesla mobile app at anytime from anywhere. You can also set the different modes available in the controls, such as; Self-Powered or Backup Only. You can reserve a portion of your Powerwall to utilize during an outage in the Self-Powered mode and back up all the energies in case you are not in the home in the Backup Only mode.
Environmental requirements for a Powerwall installation:
The Tesla Powerwall and Backup Gateway units can be installed in both outdoors or indoors. It can be said that it is operational in a wide range of temperature that is from -4°F to 122°F or from -20°C to 50°C. The battery performance can be different as per the extreme hot and cold temperatures. The solar panels need to be installed in such a place that is exposed to direct sunlight but avoid installing the Powerwall system in a location exposed to sunlight or rain. Tesla Powerwall should not be installed in such a place that can flood or near to water sources. This should be kept in clear places and need to clean on a regular basis.