It has been happening for quite some time that the iPhone starts vibrating randomly. Let us fix the same with the following troubleshooting methods-
- Turn Off The Vibration
You can begin with this step as you could be facing vibration issues due to the enabled vibration settings.
- Go to Settings > Sounds.
- Check the “Vibrate on Silent” option.
- If it is enabled, put it off.
If you wish to switch off vibrations from all your notifications:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch.
- Scroll down to find the Vibration feature.
- Disable the feature to remove vibrations completely from your iPhone.
Remember, if you are in iOS 12 or the previous versions, simply go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Vibration to disable it.
- Force Restart Your Device
If the first solution fails to solve the problem, a force restart can produce the coveted solution.
- If your device is an iPhone 7 or 7 plus, press and hold down Sleep/Wake plus Volume down buttons for almost 10 seconds. Wait till you observe the Apple logo displays on your device’s screen.
- If your device is older than iPhone 7, you can press and hold down the Sleep/Wake plus Home buttons for around 10 seconds. Wait until you find the Apple logo shows on your device’s screen.
- If your device is iPhone 8 or higher, you press and release the Volume Up button. Find the Volume Down button. Press and release it. Press and hold down the side button until the Apple logo is seen.
- Confirm Whether Email Notification is On
- From Settings > Notification Center > Mail option.
- Disable the notification.
- Log Out of the Mail App
The Mail app on the iPhone is known to cause frequent vibration issues. Some users log out of the mail account and check their mails through the web.
- Go to Settings > Notification> Mail.
- Select your Mail account > Sign Out.
- Check for Dampness
If after applying the earlier steps, the issue persists, it may be because of water contact with the iPhone device.
- Switch off the iPhone and allow it to dry entirely.
- You can insert your device in a bag of raw rice to ensure that it loses moisture.
- You can also visit a recognized mobile repair technician to facilitate you to dry your device.
- Once the device is dry, everything should be restored to normal.
- Drain Your Device’s Battery
Another feasible solution is to let your iPhone battery to drain totally. Although this process is quite time-consuming, it protects against the bugs that could be responsible for iPhone vibration for no reason. After the battery drains, you may charge the iPhone. IOS repairs bugs by default that could have led to the vibration issues as the device reboots.
- Always Keep Notifications on Ring Only
If you don’t want vibrations at all, you can keep your alerts on the ring only or silent if you are in a meeting.